I had my 37 week doctor's appointment last week, and they did an ultrasound. Everything looked fabulous, but baby girl is HUGE- 9 lbs to be exact- with 2 weeks to go! I was told that they can't make an estimate based on ultrasound alone, so I freaked a bit and figured it MUST be off. I had my 38 week appointment today, and OH BOY! My belly was measuring 42 weeks! That is 2 weeks late in pregnancy land! She said she was shocked I am as functioning as I am, considering my body is carrying around the weight of a 2 week overdue baby! The combination of the ultrasound and my belly measurement confirm the fact that Leah is, unfortunately, not taking after her tiny father in the size department. Poor girl. :(
What, you ask, was the first question out of my mouth at that point? Ummm... when can you induce me??? My doctor does not believe in induction without a need, but she does think that this might be just that. My next appointment is in one week, and, if I am still pregnant with our giant child, we will discuss the possibility of inducing me the following day. BRING IT ON!
Hey, at least she will have darling little chubby cheeks, right? Can't wait to kiss 'em.
There could be a baby this week!?!? Yay!! Good luck with induction! I can't wait to see pictures <3
ReplyDelete