Leah has been a part of our crazy family for a month now. I find myself having a hard time recalling what it was like not knowing and loving this little person. She has fit it to our lives so seamlessly, and has been a blessing in every way. It is not that I struggle to remember the woman I was before holding the title of "Leah's Mom". I still know myself, and will continue to BE that outgoing, social person for the rest of my life. With that said, though, I feel like I have known my daughter my whole life. Taking in her sweet smell and loving on that darling face is joyful beyond words. She is a wonderful little lady for so many reasons!
(Insert stolen idea from a dear friend's blog... Thanks, Chelsea!)
Little Leah Bird, at one month, you:
- Still have a full head or gorgeous red hair, already making old women jealous!
- Have smiled at us a couple of fleeting times
- Get the hiccups a ton
- Love to eat and sleep- my kinda girl!
- Fart like a man
- Have crystal blue eyes and peach fuzz on your ears
- Have been passed around to about a million visitors, and you have been a very good girl
- Hate your car seat for about a second, then fall fast asleep
- Enjoy being swaddled at bedtime
- Have enjoyed a lot of walks and outings so far
- Cry like a machine gun when you are upset- too cute
- Pee when we change you, so you wear a lot of outfits!
- Have had play dates with lots of little friends
- Have the most smoochable cheecks and neck rolls
- Are a very content, easy baby with a great disposition
- Have earned a bunch of nicknames, but LiLi and Birdie have stuck
- Bring so much joy into our lives. We love you more than we thought possible!!!
You all look like you're about to burst with joy!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Ei Cackles