It may sound odd to some, but they are truly two of my best friends. I very much cherish the relationship I have with my Mom and Dad as an adult, and I look back on my childhood with (mostly) super fond memories. They have supported my brother and myself no matter what, have treated my husband like on of their own since day one, and have far surpassed my expectations as grandparents. They are always up for a good time, and I still cherish the nights we spend in their sunroom, sipping wine, laughing, making fun of one another, and sharing life's ups and downs.
I hope that in 30 years, Leah can say that she cherishes us like I do my parents. I hope that Paul and I can set an example for her of what it means to love unconditionally, to not sweat the small stuff, to make the most of your experiences, and how to have a lasting, loving marriage.
Cheers, Mom and Dad! Here's to many, many more years of love and laughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment