Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

GINGERbread house!

Six years ago, as Paul and I celebrated our first Christmas as man and wife, we made a promise to start traditions once we had a family of our own. We love Christmas, and what a perfect time of year to build in fun for our no longer dreamed of family! When this year came around, then, we had to live up to the promise and bust out the family gingerbread house I had always hoped to make. Although Leah is clearly not old enough to help yet, we really did have a fun time shopping and deciding what to get! She liked looking at everything, and made a very cute (albeit useless) sous chef, as her daddy entertained her!

Someone likes the pastry bag!!!! 


Checking out the finished product in her gingerbread outfit. 

Ginger girl, ginger house.


Here was our finished product. Not too shabby, considering I was over doing this after weeks of it in my Foods classes! We each get a heart with our names, and there is a little "46" in the yard for our house number.
 Cheer to being a cheeseball!  I love having warm memories of our family traditions growing up, and we want to give our children many, many chances to feel the same way. I think it is fun that Leah will be able to say we made a gingerbread house every year of her childhood. :)

What are YOUR favorite family traditions?

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! She is such a sweetheart!

    Some of our traditions are: christmas jammies, the only present the boys get to open on Christmas eve. Also, going to see the light show and Santa during the season. Reading Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas eve when the boys are tucked into bed and everything is winding down.

    It was so special with them this year and I know that you and Paul are just the luckiest parents to share the wonderfulness of it all with Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your traditions! How fun. Thanks for sharing. I miss you. How are those sweet boys doing???

    ReplyDelete