Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Big Sister!

We found out in early/mid June that we are going to be blessed yet again! It took over 2 years and a LOT of intervention to get and keep the pregnancy that ended in our precious daughter's arrival. We had to really EARN that. Looks like we get to know both sides of the parenting coin. I used to HATE those stories  that start with "he barely looked at me and I was pregnant".  Well, that was it for us this time! We thought about it, and there I was, a few weeks later, holding a stick with two lines in my hand!  Two and a half months later, it is still surreal that this was the experience. 
I would be lying if I said that my first trimester was worry free. Of course, it came with some apprehension and wondering how all was going. I have just FELT in my heart, though, from the second I knew I was pregnant, that this addition to our family was meant to be. So far, so good. I am just about 16 weeks along, and all is going perfectly! 
So, it looks as though Leah will be blessed with a baby brother or sister on or around her 2nd birthday. And to think, two short years ago, I was afraid we would never have a child...



The big sister to be running around in her shirt we used to tell Daddy!

...... and Leah's reaction to my test!I have a feeling this is how she will feel about the baby once it comes home.

Sweet girl practicing.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment