Total Pageviews

Monday, January 21, 2013

To my new baby daughter

Warning- this is majorly cheesy, but if you know me, you know that I am majorly cheesy, so deal. This is where I chronicle how I feel about my girls, so here it lands.  



Dear ______ (sorry, but you don't have a for sure name yet), but for now I will call you my little lovie-

We have a chalkboard that hangs in the kitchen, the hub of our busy and happy home. For weeks, we have been eyeing a countdown of how many more days until you are set to make your big arrival. Every morning after breakfast, your Daddy, big sister, and I head over there and  erase the number and delete one more day, as we are 24 hours closer to seeing your sweet face. And every morning, I get butterflies in my tummy when we do it. This morning, we got down to 25 days. Just 25 days until we will surely see you. Am I nervous to have 2 little girls to take care of, nurture, kiss, hug, feed, change, teacher, entertain, and, oh yea, turn into productive members of a society with sometimes questionable morals? Well, yea, I am. But the excitement that I feel when I think about holding you, caressing your cheeks, hearing your newborn noises, taking in your smell, and feeling your head nestled in my chest blows away the fear of the unknown. Watching you grow from a cuddly sweet baby into a little girl will, no doubt be one of the greatest joys in our lives, and I can't wait for the journey of YOU to begin.

It seems as though you were meant to be in our family from the start, when I think about how it has all happened. Your Daddy and I had to work very hard to get your big sister into our arms, but you, sweet girl, you just appeared. It felt meant to be right from the beginning, like you will just slide into our family as if you were always here. Always know that you are here for a reason, and we are excited to see all that you become!

Your big sister, Leah, is especially excited to meet you, even though, at just under 2 years old, she does not quite understand what your arrival will mean. She loves babies- everything about them- and she is already talking to you, trying to feed you through my tummy, giving you kisses, and blowing you raspberries. When we say our prayers every night, she even mentions you most of the time with no prompting (this melts your Daddy and I like nothing else in the world ever has, by the way). I think she can feel the love we all have for you, and, whether she knows it or not, she loves you already. I can't WAIT to see the two of you together. I can just imagine watching you play, sit at the kitchen table, share (and often not share) and grown and change while always loving one another. Your Daddy and I love our siblings so much, and we are so happy that you and Leah will have one another forever and always. Cherish that relationship, as few of them in  your life will compare to what you share with her. After all, who else int he world will understand what it is like to have us as your crazy parents?  :)

Many people say that when they were expecting their second child, they worried that they might not have enough love to go around. Although I have my fears, I am not worried about that. I can feel the bond you and I share every time you wiggle and hiccup. I know with all of my heart that I will love you as intensely and immensely as I do your precious sister, and I promise to always try to see you for who YOU are, and to support what you want to be. I hope, more than anything, that you always know how much love your Daddy and I have for you, and that we will always put you first, above all else in life.

You girls are our most precious gifts, Sweetie, and you always will be. You are loved, and many, many people are anticipating your arrival with open arms and waiting hearts. Although we are busy getting your room ready, washing clothes, installing you carseat, and all the other preparations, your Daddy and I know, without a doubt, that all that REALLY matters about this process is that you get here safely and that you join our loving family. Stay in there for awhile, though, baby girl, cause I will miss feeling you grow and move. You are such a miracle, and I never want to take that for granted.

I will see you, feel you, smell you, hear you, and love you (oh, and name you!) even more in just a few short weeks. Until then, my little love, keep growing and get ready for your beautiful life to begin!

Love,
Mommy


1 comment: