Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

365 days later...






Just a little over a year ago, we got the news that rocked our world. Paul was diagnosed with chiari malformation, and we learned that he needed to undergo pretty risky and major (is there any other way to describe it?) brain surgery. Suddely, our little bubble of life and contentment was popped. We had never lived in a world with such doubt and fear for the safety of the other. I spent the two weeks before the procedure in a fog, not even being able to comprehend the fact that something horrible could happen to the love of my life. The big day was set for February 1. Well, guess what? I was mad at the month. I guess I needed something to blame, so I blamed the month that was labeled as "surgery month." I thought I'd be pretty peeved at the good old second month of the year for a long time to come.
Thank GOD, the patient (who happened to look cute in his hospital scubs, I might add) came out not only fine, but better than ever! February 2010 was a trying month, but one also filled with a lot of realization about what is REALLY important and worth fighting for. As long as we had one another, we could do anything. Loving the people around you is all that really counts. It forever changed both of our perspectives on life, AND P felt a heck of a lot better. Chiari turned out to be a blessing in disguise!
365 days ago, as I was anxiously sitting in the waiting room at Rush with our families, I never, ever would have belived the joy and anticipation that would be in our lives a mere year later. Today, I am typing in our office next to our baby girl's room, watching the snow come down and my belly wiggle when Leah rolls around.
February, I think I forgive you. You have been good to us in many ways.

1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE! Can't wait to meet the 3rd member of the Posse this spring. Hope all is well! MISS YOU! Wish I could have been at the shower.

    ReplyDelete