This week marks the 11 year anniversary of the day Paul and I became "officially" a couple (after many months of not-so-officially kinda-sorta dating). See, I knew within a month of meeting this man at the ripe old age of 18 that I was going to spend my life with him. I am not sure how or why, but I could feel it in my bones. He was it, and I knew it.I felt like I had known him all of my life, and I knew we had met for a reason. We have now been together for 11 years, married for 6 and a half, and are now happier than ever.
My husband is, hands down, the best person I know. To live with someone and share a life with them for years, and to truly be able to say that is a blessing. Is Paul perfect? Far from it. Is he perfect for ME? Heck yes. He is a man with a genuine loving heart. He loves hard, gives his all in everything he does, and is the most trusting, responsible, caring person I have ever met. This man of mine also happens to have a ridiculously cheesy sense of humor, an adorable laugh, and a loving charm. He is all around the best.
I have been blessed with a marriage full of learning, laughter, and fun, but perhaps the best part about our marriage is the teamwork we have perfected over the years. No matter what, we are always on the same team, and we have learned how to use the best of both of us to make our marriage, and now our family, stronger.We have the same goals, and we both work equally hard to obtain them. We have been through many, many amazing times together, travelling, moving into our house that we love, spending time with family and friends, and just hanging out with one another. We have been through many many hard times, too, involving more fertility shots, miscarriages, and brain surgery appointments that I care to recall. Through it all, though, we have been each other's rock, and we have truly learned from it. The biggest lesson is to truly love with all that you have, and to feel blessed for all the things, good and bad, in your life. I hope as the years go on, we can continue to grow as a couple, and to do the best we can for our family and for one another.
For now, I will bask in the fact that, after 11 years, I am more in love with my husband than I ever could have dreamed. Cheesy, I know, but he deserves a little shout out, if you ask me.
 |
| Our firth anniversary trip to San Francisco |
 |
| June 25, 2005 |
 |
| Our first Christmas as a married couple! |
 |
| One of our many Halloweens! |
 |
| Toasting to our new "forever" home in October 2008 |
 |
| Our first Glen Ellyn Christmas! |
 |
| Sailing! |
 |
| One of our MANY trips to Mauston for Cheese Camp! |
 |
| Costa Rica for our Babymoon! |
 |
| One of the many weddings we have had the pleasure of being in together |
 |
| One of our fav things to do! |
 |
| Home sweet home |
 |
| October, 2010! |
 |
| Bun in the oven |
 |
| Ready to become a family of three! |
 |
| Hands down our very, very best day yet. <3 |
Cheers to many, many many more years!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment