This was my pure joy moment of this week.... maybe even this month.
Per usual, I got annoyed as we tried to make the lights perfect and had to talk myself out of being anal about the tree. My patient and sweet husband got irritated with me more than once as I directed and controlled the lights. We did all of this as our little Love took her LONG morning nap... then we woke her up and brought her down to a Christmas scene. I have always been a Christmas nerd, but seeing my daughter's face light up as she saw the tree for the first time is a memory now etched in my mind for all of eternity.
We then gave her the ornament we got her with all of her "Firsts" on it, and she got so excited to touch the tree and seethe lights. Sometimes, there is no need for perfection, just a need for happiness, and finding joy and love in the daily things.
I have never known JOY like this. Leah Joy, you make everything more fun.
I still owe you your 9 month letter, but, man, oh man, I had to post this. We had an amazing day!
Merry Christmas season to all of you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment