Little Birdie Girl, at three months, you:
- Still sleep like a maniac, letting me get a full night of shut-eye every time. We put you down at 8, wake you at 5:30 to eat, and you go back down til 8. Who are you?
- On the other hand, you MUST be swaddled to go to sleep, unless you are in your carseat or swing. You get swaddled for every nap, and at night. I think we are in for some trouble once you out grow the swaddlers!
- Still wake up with massive smiles and stretches (and massive toots to go along with them) when we take you out of your swaddler. Your Daddy and I fight over who gets to bust you out. It is the cutest thing ever.
- Nurse about 6 times a day. When I think back to those first few challenging weeks of learning, I am amazed at how far we have come. Both you and I love the bonding time, and I will keep it up as long as I can.
- Coo and squeal with delight for much of the day, especially while playing peek-a-boo, or when we talk to you on your changing table.
- Fight tummy time, although it is getting better. You are so good at holding that little red head up, I wonder why you whine about it from time to time...
- "Stand" on your own with next to no support. You have been doing this for weeks. The books say you should bear some weight by 4 months. You kicked that milestone in the you know what!
- Have a smile that lights up your whole face (make that a whole room) when those darling dimples come out.
- Are starting to lose just a little bit of the gorgeous red hair on the back of your head. I think your 10 hour snoozing sessions might be to blame, cause we sure don't put you down much during the day!
- Suddenly love being read to! For the past week, you have been looking at the pages and squealing with delight as we make funny faces and do the voices. Reading to you was something we started doing when I was pregnant, and I was really looking forward to reading to you when you got here. I have not been let down.
- Have been laughing for a week and a half. Your first laugh will remain in the memories of your Daddy and me until the day we are six feet under. It was so special to both of us, and the fact that we were together, just the three of us, when it happened was magical.
- Finally LIKE being "worn" in the sling. So many moms told me how fabulous all these wraps are, so I was a sucker and bought a few. Turns out, you were not much for it, cause you always like to be perched on a shoulder (that IS how you got your Birdie nickname, after all). You are taking to it, though, now that you can face outward and see the action.
- Stick your tongue out more than any baby I have ever seen!
- Have already taken your first vacation, your first boat ride, attended your first wedding, went to the zoo for the first time, and have had so many other fabulous experiences!
- Love taking walks, sitting in your Bumbo seat, being held like a football or perched on a shoulder, playing "airplane" and being held up in the air, sitting in your bouncy seat while we make dinner, your singing doggie from Auntie Morg, one particular book about farm animals, being outside, chewing on your fat little fist, and you have a frightening obsession with the Raffi song "Baby Beluga"- it makes you giggle and smile just about every single time we play it and sing to you.
- Are, and forever will be, the answer to many prayers. You are such a blessing, little girl.
Happy 3 Month birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment