My Dear LiLi-
You are a whole half a year old (ten days ago... woops)! At six months, you...
- Weighed in at 13 lbs, 14 oz at your six month appointment last week, and you are 25 1/2 inches long. You are still a peanut, and in the 15th-25th percentile, but you are moving up and doing well! You are meeting all of your milestones and then some!
- Have started daycare, and you are doing really well! Joan has been keeping me updated, all the time, and she is impressed with your sunny disposition, easy-going personality, and adaptability. Leaving you with her is my least favorite part of every day, but picking you up is so awesome! I adore seeing that dimply smile!
- Have 2 little teeth! They popped up last weekend, on the day you turned 6 months old! You had a very rough time the night before, but since then, you have not seemed bothered by it much. They are too cute when you smile.
- Eat like a manic. You "liquid" feed 5 times a day now, and eat two solid meals. We have been making lots of different foods. So far, you have had (and have loved it all) sweet potatoes, avocado, banana, apples, butternut squash, peas, green beans and oatmeal. Next up are peaches, carrots and plums. I have kept my promise to not feed you anything I would not eat, and I try everything before you do. Your Daddy has, too!
- Make cuter and cuter noises every day. You giggle a lot now, especially when we play peek a boo and blow on your tummy, the classics! You are also super giggly in the bathtub now, cause you have figured out how to splash around. Bath time is even more fun now. You also squeal all of the time, especially when you are sleepy. We sometimes have to leave wherever we are to give everyone peace.
-Love to sleep on your tummy. We put you down on your back every night and every nap, but half the time, you flip over and sleep on your tummy with your thumb in your mouth. We still sneak in your room every night to watch you sleep, and gently touch those round little cheeks. When you wake up a little, we giggle and quietly run out of the room. Moments like that make our hearts melt. You are such a miracle.
- Speaking of sleeping, you sleep about 10-11 hours a night now, and take 2 - 1 1/2 hour naps a day, on average. I would love to keep you awake longer at night to play now that I am back to work, but you are a mess by 7 pm and so ready for bed. I think you will be one of those people who just needs a lot of sleep. I hope you learn to stay up longer soon, cause I miss you!
- Still adore that thumb. You suck it vigorously any time you are tired at all, and it works like a charm. You are an excellent self-soother.
- Are finally getting over "Baby Beluga". You still smile when you hear it,and it still soothes you, but it does not have the same effect on you as it used to.
- Are very into books, your jumperoo, anything that plays music or lights up, taking walks, touching grass, drives, the swings at the park, touching faces, and especially watching Maisy. You suddenly notice that we have a cat, and you LOVE looking at her now. It is so funny.
- Almost completely refuse to snuggle with us, unless you are super sleepy. You are so busy these days, and you always want to look around and see what is going on. Tonight, when I fed you before bed, you passed out on my shoulder while I burped you. I did not move for 30 minutes so that I could feel your sweet breath on my neck. I take all the snuggly moments can get.
- Have lots tons and tons of that pretty red hair. I hope it comes back soon, cause it looks pretty goofy. You are really balding- poor baby!
- Still love taking your vitamins at night. You get so excited you can barely stand it, and it mkaes us laugh every time. Your Daddy and I actually have to take turns giving it to you because we think it is so fun. Pathetic.
- Focus more and more on tasks and things now. you love pulling hair and grabbing for jewelry, and you have a curiosity now more than ever. Watching you learn and soak up your environment is fun.
- Are giving me a run for my money with nursing! You are so into looking around now that it is getting harder and harder by the day to keep nursing you with my not so great supply. I really, really want to make it to a year.... so I hope this is a phase!
- Are starting to look more like me, and people are noticing. For someone who used to look so much like her dad, we sure are getting a lot of comments about how much you look like me!
Six months have flown in a way, but in a way, I feel like you have been part of my life forever. It's not that I can't remember my life before you, it's just that you make our world so much more fun and lovely. You are, simply put, the joy of our lives. Your middle name is so fitting. Your dimply smile can light up a room in no time, and you make the world a more joyful place. I am thrilled and proud to be your Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment